Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning®
The mission of Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning® is to foster with persons 55+ a quest for lifelong learning that enriches the mind and spirit to pursue wisdom, service, and understanding. Pathways Institute was established in 2005 to provide a forum for those 55+ to find meaningful use of their talents and abilities.
Fall 2023 Registration is Now Open!
Registration for the Fall 2023 Term opens on Wednesday, August 2. Register online at ThePathwaysInstitute.org/lancaster-county. The spring term will run from September 11 – November 17.
Enjoy one free course on us! If you’re new to Pathways Institute, you can enjoy a free course on us! Use the discount code Trial Fall 2023 when registering.
Get your copy of the Fall 2023 course catalog:
- At the Kick-Off Event
- Online beginning August 3 at ThePathwaysInstitute.org
- On-campus at Landis Homes beginning August 3
- Request a copy from the Pathways Institute office
Testimonials from Pathways Institute Participants
It has been an exciting 13 years since my husband and I became aware of Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning! There has been amazing, affordable ongoing education in a broad scope of courses, all of which are offered with capable leadership and outstanding, experienced presenters, instructors, and educators in their own fields of study. Each class provided eye-opening experiences and opportunities to grow and remain mentally and physically keen. Some off-ground trips were offered as well. During these expeditions, I made more friends and shared memorable experiences.
Cathy Boshart, Landis Homes Resident
When the new Pathways Institute catalog is out, I make a cup of tea, and browse the catalog to plot my journey: where will my curiosity steer me this season? I will indulge in a smorgasbord, offered by engaging and knowledgeable presenters – I might taste of space exploration or drones, sample historical eras, update my personal health and diet knowledge. Add a tour of the Star Barn, a lecture on a local architect, and maybe craft a wreath as my ‘dessert’? What fun!
Diane Garrett, Landis Homes Resident
Examples of Courses Offered at Pathways Institute
- Test your knowlesge of Pennsylvania history with John Maietta at Pennsylvania Trivia: Fun Facts from A-Z
- Trek Mt. Everest with Dr. Kent Kroehler in The Woods of Mt. Everest course
- Learn how pretzels are made and baked during the Tour of Herr’s Snack Factory
- Explore the night sky with Lou Thieblemont during A Look at the Night Sky
- Discover the Pickleball craze with experienced pickleball instructor Peggy Gerhard
- Learn how to make a delicious power bowl with award-winning Chef Tate Morgan during his hands-on Taste-full Cooking Class
- Experience the power of the Middle Eastern drumming circle with Dr. Cindy Burkhart at The Art of Middle Eastern Dance and Drumming Circle
- Immerse yourself in a world of color, laughter, and creativity with Heather Riley during a hands-on Guiden Paint Night
Unique Lifelong Learning Courses
Pathways Institute’s Three Components
Personal Development Path
Promotes continued learning opportunities, personal enhancement, and spiritual growth
Provides venues for those 55+ to share their knowledge, beliefs, and life experiences with others
Fosters generativity of those 55+ through opportunities to pass on wit and wisdom for future generations