Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning®
The mission of Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning® is to foster with persons 55+ a quest for lifelong learning that enriches the mind and spirit to pursue wisdom, service, and understanding. Pathways Institute was established in 2005 to provide a forum for those 55+ to find meaningful use of their talents and abilities.
Please Join Us for the Spring 2023 Kick-Off Event!
Thursday, February 16 | 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
High Foundation Auditorium at Landis Homes
This is a drop-in, expo-style event, designed to give you an opportunity to meet with other lifelong learners and Pathways Institute instructors and pick up a Spring 2023 course catalog.
No RSVP is required. In case of inclement weather, we will communicate if the event needs to be canceled.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Landis Homes residents are encouraged to use campus shuttle or walk.
- If you are ill or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask you to refrain from attending.
*If you use GPS, enter 1 Freesia Lane, Lititz PA
Get your copy of the Spring 2023 course catalog:
- At the Kick-Off Event
- Online beginning February 16 at ThePathwaysInstitute.org
- On-campus at Landis Homes beginning February 16
- Request a copy from the Pathways Institute office
Testimonials from Pathways Institute Participants
It has been an exciting 13 years since my husband and I became aware of Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning! There has been amazing, affordable ongoing education in a broad scope of courses, all of which are offered with capable leadership and outstanding, experienced presenters, instructors, and educators in their own fields of study. Each class provided eye-opening experiences and opportunities to grow and remain mentally and physically keen. Some off-ground trips were offered as well. During these expeditions, I made more friends and shared memorable experiences.
Cathy Boshart, Landis Homes Resident
When the new Pathways Institute catalog is out, I make a cup of tea, and browse the catalog to plot my journey: where will my curiosity steer me this season? I will indulge in a smorgasbord, offered by engaging and knowledgeable presenters – I might taste of space exploration or drones, sample historical eras, update my personal health and diet knowledge. Add a tour of the Star Barn, a lecture on a local architect, and maybe craft a wreath as my ‘dessert’? What fun!
Diane Garrett, Landis Homes Resident
Examples of Courses Offered at Pathways Institute
- We the People: How Lawyers Think About the Constitution with Randy Lee, Professor of Law
- The United States in the Age of the Holocaust with Professor Jack Fischel
- Electric Cars: History, Pros, and Cons with Tim Harkleroad, automobile designer
- The Songs of Cole Porter in the Hollywood Musical with Dr. Roger Godin
- Introduction to Pickleball with Peggy Gerhardt
- A Tour of Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia, a part of America’s Garden Capital
- A Visit to Nicholas Stoltzfus Homestead, a restored 18th century house of the Old Order Amish Anabaptist family
Pathways Institute’s Three Components
Personal Development Path
Promotes continued learning opportunities, personal enhancement, and spiritual growth
Provides venues for those 55+ to share their knowledge, beliefs, and life experiences with others
Fosters generativity of those 55+ through opportunities to pass on wit and wisdom for future generations