With changing personal needs, residents may desire assistance related to financial support programs and community support programs, home healthcare, hospice care, and more. The social worker will help identify appropriate resources based on specific needs.
- Counsel for residents and their families
- Referrals to other service providers
- Evaluation of the resident’s progress
- Preparing for discharge as appropriate
- Assisting with referrals to palliative care
- Conducting psychosocial interventions
- Advocating for residents
- Supporting the resident through transfers or moves within the retirement community campus
Residents may find themselves needing help with resources related to:
- Advance Care Planning including Living Will declarations, Healthcare power of attorney and Pennsylvania Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment
- Home & Community based services such as adult day, home health or hospice
- Financial support programs, such as the Pennsylvania Rent Rebate, Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly (PACE), or Needs Enhancement Tier “PACENET” programs
- Psychiatric/Individual Psychotherapy consultation
For information contact a Residential Living social worker at 717-381-3593 or 717-381-3533, or the Director of Admissions & Social Services at 717-381-3591.
A Grief Discussion Group meets monthly to support residents who have experienced the death of a spouse. Questions about attending can be directed to the Social Worker at 717-381-3533.
A Men Caregivers Group and Women Caregivers Group meet monthly. These groups are exclusively for residents who care for their spouse in their home, or in one of our care centers. Questions and reservations for group attendance for the men’s group can be directed to the Chaplain at 717-381-3568, and for the women’s group contact the Social Worker at 717-381-3533.
A Vision Loss Support Group meets monthly for persons in Residential Living. This group is currently not meeting due to COVID-19.
Support Groups for the Public
Support Groups provide a setting for residents and family members to discuss feelings, concerns and attitudes during and after personal or family crisis situations. Professional trained staff facilitate many of these groups. Upcoming meeting dates and topics are shown on the calendar below.
Memory Loss Support Group meets the last Tuesday of each month, except for December, when the group does not meet. The group organized for support and information is co-sponsored with the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Pennsylvania Chapter. It is free and open to the public. For more information contact Landis Homes at (717) 581-3939. Due to COVID restrictions, in place of monthly meetings, a monthly educational newsletter is available. To be added to the mailing list, call 717-569-3271, Ext. 3121.
Parkinson’s Support Gathering meets the second Tuesday of each month from 2-3 pm in the West Community Room. Residents with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregivers are invited to attend this time of sharing and connecting with others. Call the Residential Living social worker at 717-381-3533 with questions.
No Longer Alone Family Support Group provides a place for those who have a loved one living with mental illness, to learn and share their experiences. Meets the 4th Sunday of every month, 3:00-5:00 pm in the Crossings Meeting Road (2nd Floor) in the Calvin G. & Janet C. High Learning & Wellness Center at Landis Homes, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA. For more info, call Landis Communities at 717-381-3599. (Due to COVID restrictions, meetings are now held via Zoom.)