Read about how fitness participation recently increased by over 300% through use of the HUR fitness equipment HERE
Our new Fitness Center and Wellness Studio is located in the the Calvin G. & Janet C. Learning & Wellness Center!
Strength Training Equipment: The Fitness Center is equipped with HUR strength machines. HUR’s pneumatic strength training equipment follows the natural movement of the muscle allowing for safe, targeted training appropriate for a diverse range of abilities and stamina levels. HUR’s innovative SmartTouch technology empowers seniors to safely train independently with lower risk of injury.
- Chest Press, Optimal Rhom, Pull-Down/Push-Up, Bicep/Tricip
- Leg Press, Leg Extension/Leg Curl, Abduction/Abduction
- Lower Back, Abdominal, Abdominal Left/Right, Functional Trainer
Cardiovascular Equipment: The Fitness Center provides equipment for a pleasurable cardio experience including:
- Precor: Bikes, Treadmills, Elliptical, Active Motion Trainers, CyberCycle, Scifit Step Ones, Matrix Krank Cycle, WaveRower, Schwin AirDyne
LAND-BASED FITNESS CLASSES — Keep active and stay young at heart with group fitness classes. Improve muscle tone, strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination.
- Mat Mania — This challenging class combines core, strength and stretch. A total body work-out on the floor! (Wellness Studio)
- Upwards — These classes are both for the individual who has never exercised before, and the dedicated soul who exercises daily. Learn ways to increase flexibility and strength in your whole body to enhance daily functional activities. Classes also incorporates exciting ways to work on balance and posture. Two classes offer two different levels of intensity. (Wellness Studio)
- NeuroFlex — A unique, progressive wellness program, NeuroFlex is designed to improve or manage the physical symptoms, secondary injuries, and medical conditions that are associated with neurological disorders or anyone that desires a low-intensity routine. (West Community Room)
- Country Line Dancing — A resident-led group, this version of line dancing is a low-key dance to music in which dancers follow a choreographed pattern of steps as a group. This activity helps to improve balance, coordination, endurance, concentration, and memory. We don’t take ourselves too seriously which makes for a fun time. No partner needed. (Wellness Studio).
Physical Therapy — (click for more info) RehabCare at Landis Homes provides in-patient physical, occupational and speech therapy. Individual treatment goals are developed to help each resident achieve their highest personal independence and dignity
Walking Paths & Life Trail Stations
There are 1.5 miles of paved walking paths which wind throughout the entire campus. Life Trail Stations are interspersed along the walking areas. The wellness stations provide a way to turn a walking routine into a total body workout offering enjoyable strengthening, flexibility and balance activities. The educational information at each station includes information about posture, healthy eating and nutrition, and Tai Chi.